to our virtual library of helpful consumer guides.
Download these reports to learn more about a range of financial topics that could impact you and your family’s future.
More publications will become available on this site as we continue to digitize our library. If you are not seeing something you need assistance with, please call us at 888-800-1881 and we will be happy to help you.
Ready to Uncover Potential Tax Savings?
Download this 12-page guide to explore strategies that could help optimize taxes on your retirement income. You’ll learn:
- How proper planning can help you manage the taxation of Social Security benefits
- Why strategically draining taxable income from brackets with elevated tax rates can provide immediate tax savings
- Ways donor-advised funds allow you to avoid capital gains taxes
The SECURE Act and SECURE Act 2.0
Could the SECURE Act affect your retirement savings?
Our guide will give you an overview of the three things you need to know about this recent legislation. This 5-minute read will help you:
- Understand why you might reconsider passing on your IRA to your children
- Discover how increased life expectancy affected the start date for taking required minimum distributions
- Take advantage of new IRA guidelines if you continue to work past age 71
Tax Planning in Today’s Environment
What can you do about future taxes?
With the national debt rising, higher taxes in the future could become the new reality. This 16-page guide will outline different strategies you can use to help preserve your retirement income, including:
- How to take advantage of current, low tax rates
- How life insurance could play a role
- Whether you should consider a Roth IRA
ABCs of Protected Retirement Income
Could a fixed index annuity be right for you?
Let’s face it — understanding annuities can be confusing! This simple guide covers the basics of fixed index annuities, including:
- Why you should take a new look at annuities
- How fixed index annuities can generate reliable income
- Where to turn for financial guidance
Finding your Balance
Could rising interest rates put your retirement income at risk?
Download this free eight-page guide to learn more.
- Will I be able to live my desired lifestyle after I retire?
- Could rising interest rates alter my retirement income?
- Are there any ways to generate guaranteed income so I can have financial confidence in my later years?
Will your money last as long as you do?
Check out this 8-page guide to see why a retirement income analysis is important for your retirement.
- Learn how an experienced financial professional can address your “what-ifs” about retirement — and then help you figure out how to address them.
- Read how the average person spent $146 a year on health care in 1960 compared to the average cost today. (You might be surprised at the number!)
- Make sure you’re asking the right questions about retirement: How do I make my money last? How could a long-term care strategy help my family’s long-term medical needs?
Life Insurance as an Asset Class
When you count your assets, do you include life insurance? People don’t often think of life insurance as an asset — but it can be! This brochure can help you understand the power of life insurance, including its ability to:
- Help protect you from future tax rate increases
- Provide benefits while the insured is still living
- Easily divide death benefits among several beneficiaries
The Changing Story of Retirement
Prepare for the future by considering the past. Gone are the days of planning retirement solely around a pension and Social Security benefits. Download this 24-page guide learn more about:
- Why spouses should work together for an optimal retirement
- The unique challenges women face
- How a financial professional can help you make wise decisions
Are you paying too much in taxes in retirement?
This 8-page guide was created for you to better understand how taxes could affect your retirement income, including:
- The different types of retirement accounts
- Why tax laws are ever-changing
- Options for tax deductions in retirement
Tax Strategies for Retirement: Buckets Create Tax Choices
Do you have a tax-efficient retirement strategy? Download this 12-page guide to learn more about potential tax strategies for retirement. This guide will cover:
- Why your taxes might not decrease in retirement
- How “buckets” can help illustrate the impact of taxes on varying assets
- What required minimum distributions could mean for your tax bracket
Are you prepared for the next phase of retirement?
To confidently rappel down the retirement summit, you need gear and a guide, but what else?
Download this 12-page guide to discover:
- What four retirement-related questions you should answer today
- Why putting your finances to use during retirement requires a strategy
- Where to turn for financial guidance
Divorce & Money
The divorce rate has doubled for Americans age 50+ since 1990.
While your retirement plans may shift due to divorce, it is possible to get through a divorce without having to start over. This guide will help you understand the following concerns you may have, among others:
- How to split assets and who to turn to for help
- What documents you’ll need for divorce proceedings
- Where you’ll need to consider updating beneficiaries
What to do in a Down Market
Could you weather a down market? Here’s why staying the course matters.
Market downturns are inevitable — which is why you should plan for them from the beginning. This brochure helps lay out what you need to know, including:
- How well the S&P 500® has performed through bear markets and downturns since 1928
- 4 general guidelines for down market moves
- The 1 thing that gave 73% of survey respondents greater financial confidence
Wondering How to Create Income in Retirement?
Do you believe these 5 annuity myths?
In this guide, we address common misconceptions about annuities to help you decide if an annuity might be right for you, including:
- Annuities make accessing money impossible.
- Annuities are too complicated to understand.
- Savings are enough — why an annuity?
Creating Your Retirement Recipe: How Interest Rates Play A Role
Will you ride a gravy train into retirement?
Rising interest rates can sour your post-workforce plans. Download this free eight-page guide to discover why:
- Traditional asset allocation strategies may no longer suffice
- Bonds aren’t the risk-free investment one might’ve thought
- Annuities can provide a stable, reliable income stream for life
KFS Consumer Guide Designing your Fiscal House
Does your financial abode need remodeling?
It’s not always wise to DIY. This free eight-page guide provides a blueprint for a diversified fiscal home that can remain intact amid even the most oppressive external elements.
- Risk levels vary among an ideal portfolio’s foundation, walls and roof
- Custom-built risk management strategies can function as insulation
- Indexed-linked vehicles can help create a low-maintenance shelter
Concerned about long-term care?
Seven in 10 Americans age 65 and older will need some type of long-term care. This guide can help you understand possible costs and solutions, including:
- Strategies to help protect your potential caregiver from financial burden
- How much long-term care costs are expected to rise
- The true impact of long-term care
In 2020, more than 150 million individuals were affected by data exposure — the accidental revelation of sensitive information, including Social Security numbers, dates of birth, credit card details and more, resulting from less than adequate cybersecurity1. Retail outlets, social media and financial institutions are all vulnerable to cyberattacks, and so is your wealth. With this guide, you will learn:
- Why seniors lose more money to cyberattacks (despite being less susceptible to scams)
- The major red flags to be aware of in a scam
- Six areas individuals should be aware of to help prevent scams and cyberattacks
1 Statista. March 3, 2021. “Annual number of data breaches and exposed records in the United States from 2005 to 2020.” Accessed August 10, 2021.
Inflation and Your Retirement
Have you considered inflation’s impact on your retirement?
Prices are increasing on everything from groceries to healthcare. Download this guide to learn more about the most common questions on inflation including:
- What causes inflation?
- Is my retirement at risk?
- Why is the rate of inflation rising?
Annuities an Asset Class
Times change — are stocks and bonds still enough? With inflation rising and lower rates, more people are turning to fixed index annuities to de-risk their assets. In this free, 12-page download you’ll learn more about:
- Why annuities may or may not be a good fit for you
- How fixed index annuities actually work
- How fixed index annuities balance risk
Creating a Better Future for America and Americans
America is at a critical crossroads, and there are real and growing threats to America’s future, both internationally and domestically. These challenges, and the government’s eventual response, will likely have significant implications for the country and every American, and even the free world. So, where do we go from here?
This 12-page consumer guide, written by a former U.S. comptroller general, tackles that question with insights on:
- Several key international and domestic challenges facing the U.S.
- How to address the possibility of rising tax rates and health care costs
- The three major types of financial risk we face as we age
Riding the Markets High
Worried about future market volatility?
This 12-page guide can help you take steps to help protect yourself from future market volatility.
Download to learn about:
- A prudent approach: rebalancing, refocusing and reaffirming
- Past volatility and how the markets have recovered
- Why time in the market is more important than timing the market
Will the Biden Presidency Influence Stock Markets?
Worried about Biden’s impact on the stock market?
As the months go by, we learn more about the president’s policies and priorities — but how will they impact your investments? Download this guide to learn more about:
- How presidents actually impact the stock market
- How to prepare for the unknown when it comes to investments
- Economic recovery over the next four years
Five Retirement Planning Mis-steps to Dodge
Planning for your retirement can be overwhelming, maybe even a bit scary. That’s why we’re here to help! Download this 4-page guide for answers to the most common questions, like:
- When should I start preparing for retirement?
- How do I account for inflation?
- Will I really need long-term care?
Are you prepared for health care costs in retirement?
Don’t let medical expenses surprise you. Download this 8-page guide to learn:
- About how much you should budget for health care (based on recent research)
- What Medicare does (and doesn’t) cover
- Options for long-term care coverage, and how you can prepare now
Give Your Loved Ones the Greatest Gift!
Communicating your values and goals today can help your loved ones through tomorrow. This 12-page guide can help you understand the basics of estate planning, including:
- Areas your will should address (and who should write it)
- The two types of trusts — and how they can help reduce the chance of a family conflict
- A checklist to help you select the right person to carry out your wishes
Would You Like to Avoid Surprises at Tax Time?
Tax laws change every year — and this year is no different! This downloadable guide will walk you through the latest tax law changes to help you avoid any surprises. In this 12-page guide, you will find out:
- What the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act could mean for you
- How inflation could affect your tax bill
- Why proactive planning can help give you financial confidence
- How your financial professional can coordinate with a tax professional to help you create a tax-efficient strategy
Will a Recession Rob Your Retirement?
4 things to address to help ensure you can weather a drop in the market
This downloadable guide walks you through four things to check now to help ensure you and your family are prepared — even if the economy takes a dip. What you’ll learn:
- How to decide how much of your savings should be invested in the market
- A simple calculation to help determine whether you’ve saved enough to retire
- Alternative methods to create income without relying on a volatile stock market
Guide to Enjoying Your Retirement
You get an extra 2,000 hours a year in retirement. How will you spend it?
Download this guide to learn 6 secrets of how you can spend your time to help cultivate happiness and a retirement well-lived.
- How lacking this one simple thing could make you twice as likely to die
- The importance of keeping your brain alert
- Why some people go back to work
The Value of an Objective Opinion
We aim to serve you with dedication, transparency and personal care, but that’s only the tip of the iceberg for the value of a true objective opinion.
This 8-page instant download explains it all, including:
- Why we focus on timing your retirement during planning
- How long we project your retirement income will last
- The benefits of working with an independent advisor
Have You Been Laid off or Are Worried You Could Be in the Future?
While a layoff can be scary, it doesn’t have to mean the end of your financial well-being. In this 10-Step Layoff Survival Guide, you’ll discover simple and effective tactics to help protect your retirement future — both now and in the years ahead.
- Put aside temporary fears to focus on long-term stability
- Calculate how to best use your severance pay
- Navigate the maximum amount of unemployment benefits
Should You Accept a Buyout Offer?
Not all buyouts look alike. What are the variables that could make or break your retirement? This 8-page guide offers six questions you should ask yourself before deciding to accept or reject your company’s offer. You’ll discover:
- How to determine if you’re really ready to retire
- Strategies to ensure you have health care coverage if you’re not yet eligible for Medicare
- The potential tax consequences of a buyout
Retirement Income Checklist
Learn the 10 things you should consider when developing your retirement income strategy. With this instant download, you’ll discover:
- Statistics on the average life expectancy for retirees
- Information on how taxes could affect your retirement income, including your Social Security benefits
- Distribution strategies for making your savings last throughout retirement
Women often face more obstacles when planning for their financial futures. Find out how to get ahead of those potential roadblocks in this 4-page booklet, plus:
- Why you should keep money in your name
- How to confront your financial fears
- Who to turn to for trusted, independent guidance
Understanding Market Corrections
This 8-page, easy-to-digest guide explains what a “market correction” is — and what it might mean for your investments. You’ll learn:
- The difference between a “market correction” and a “bear market” (and why it matters!)
- How a financial professional can help you assess your long-term strategy
- Five things to do during a market correction
5 Simple Steps to Choosing the Medicare Supplement Plan for You
With this instant download, you’ll discover:
- The basics of Medicare insurance
- What a Medicare Supplement plan can do
- How to choose the plan that’s right for you
Social Security Decisions Report
This handy guide covers how Social Security benefits may fit into your retirement plan, including:
- Why poor planning could cost you
- Who you should consult with first
- How Medicare can factor in your Social Security decisions