to our virtual library of helpful consumer guides.
Download these reports to learn more about a range of financial topics that could impact you and your family’s future.
More publications will become available on this site as we continue to digitize our library. If you are not seeing something you need assistance with, please call us at 888-800-1881 and we will be happy to help you.
Watching market volatility can be exciting or nerve-wracking, depending on how much of your assets are tied to the markets’ performance. How do you know how to react? This 12-page guide explains all of that and more:
- Volatility is not new! History shows us how to respond to today’s volatility.
- Markets have weathered numerous crises in the past — and come back stronger.
- Timing the market does not work. Time in the market does.
Communicating your values and goals today can help your loved ones through tomorrow. This 12-page guide can help you understand the basics of estate planning, including:
- Areas your will should address (and who should write it)
- The two types of trusts — and how they can help reduce the chance of a family conflict
- A checklist to help you select the right person to carry out your wishes
Tax laws change every year — and this year is no different! This downloadable guide will walk you through the latest tax law changes to help you avoid any surprises. In this 12-page guide, you will find out:
- What the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act could mean for you
- How inflation could affect your tax bill
- Why proactive planning can help give you financial confidence
- How your financial professional can coordinate with a tax professional to help you create a tax-efficient strategy
4 things to address to help ensure you can weather a drop in the market
This downloadable guide walks you through four things to check now to help ensure you and your family are prepared — even if the economy takes a dip. What you’ll learn:
- How to decide how much of your savings should be invested in the market
- A simple calculation to help determine whether you’ve saved enough to retire
- Alternative methods to create income without relying on a volatile stock market
You get an extra 2,000 hours a year in retirement. How will you spend it?
Download this guide to learn 6 secrets of how you can spend your time to help cultivate happiness and a retirement well-lived.
- How lacking this one simple thing could make you twice as likely to die
- The importance of keeping your brain alert
- Why some people go back to work
Find out how you can preserve your hard-earned savings from being exposed to the political winds coming out of Washington D.C.
What you’ll learn:
- Economic fluctuations that can stem from a presidential election
- How long the effects of an election can be felt
- Things you can do to avoid a potential dip in your nest egg
We aim to serve you with dedication, transparency and personal care, but that’s only the tip of the iceberg for the value of a true objective opinion.
This 8-page instant download explains it all, including:
- Why we focus on timing your retirement during planning
- How long we project your retirement income will last
- The benefits of working with an independent advisor
While a layoff can be scary, it doesn’t have to mean the end of your financial well-being. In this 10-Step Layoff Survival Guide, you’ll discover simple and effective tactics to help protect your retirement future — both now and in the years ahead.
- Put aside temporary fears to focus on long-term stability
- Calculate how to best use your severance pay
- Navigate the maximum amount of unemployment benefits
With this instant download, you’ll discover:
- How budgeting plays a part in planning
- Why having tax-efficient strategies are key
- When retirees knew they were ready to retire
Not all buyouts look alike. What are the variables that could make or break your retirement? This 8-page guide offers six questions you should ask yourself before deciding to accept or reject your company’s offer. You’ll discover:
- How to determine if you’re really ready to retire
- Strategies to ensure you have health care coverage if you’re not yet eligible for Medicare
- The potential tax consequences of a buyout
Learn the 10 things you should consider when developing your retirement income strategy. With this instant download, you’ll discover:
- Statistics on the average life expectancy for retirees
- Information on how taxes could affect your retirement income, including your Social Security benefits
- Distribution strategies for making your savings last throughout retirement
Discover the keys to growing your wealth (they may not be what you think they are)! With this instant download, you’ll discover:
- How to choose the right savings vehicles for you
- What separates traditional vs. Roth IRAs
- Why smart investors diversify — and how you can do the same
Women often face more obstacles when planning for their financial futures. Find out how to get ahead of those potential roadblocks in this 4-page booklet, plus:
- Why you should keep money in your name
- How to confront your financial fears
- Who to turn to for trusted, independent guidance
This 8-page, easy-to-digest guide explains what a “market correction” is — and what it might mean for your investments. You’ll learn:
- The difference between a “market correction” and a “bear market” (and why it matters!)
- How a financial professional can help you assess your long-term strategy
- Five things to do during a market correction
With this instant download, you’ll discover how to:
- Reconsider plans to pass on your IRA to your children or grandchildren
- Be aware of changes in age provisions for required minimum distributions
- Age limitations no longer exist for contributing to a traditional IRA
With this instant download, you’ll discover:
- The basics of Medicare insurance
- What a Medicare Supplement plan can do
- How to choose the plan that’s right for you